Is your doctor ignoring you?
Here are a few tips to ensure you and the older adults in your life are maximizing time with doctors. Be comfortable and confident before, during and after medical appointments.
1. Bring Questions- Keep a notebook in between visits with questions and concerns you want to address with your doctor.
2. Don’t be Afraid- If you do not agree or have other thoughts regarding your care, open up a dialogue with your doctor.
3. Be your Own Advocate- You know yourself best. Discuss alternate options and voice your opinion.
4. Get Specific- Ask about follow up and next steps. Don’t assume it will be taken of.
5. Take your Time- Don’t feel rushed and get all of your questions answered.